Carillion Health (Barts and London Hospital) :Patient Transport receives efficiency boost
Since 1 July 2006, the non emergency patient transport service at Barts and London Hospital has been provided by Carillion Health, a subcontractor of Capital Hospitals Ltd. The service is available Monday to Friday between 6am and 10pm. Carillion is contracted to collect and return patients within the Greater London area and Essex conurbation.
In March 2007 Carillion (Patient Transport Systems) took delivery of T@lecom’s Wireless Delivered™ Live system for its entire fleet of vehicles at Barts and London Hospital.
This new system replaced the existing resource driven paper based systems. The solution was fully integrated into the Hospitals back office ‘Cleric Computer System’ providing a variety of new features:-
- Information is sent and received in ‘real-time’,
- The location of each ambulance being visible every 60 seconds.
- integrated satellite navigation
These new features provided the hospital the following benefits:-
- Ability to track every Ambulance in real-time
- Faster transportation due to satellite navigation
- Reduced costs due to more efficient processes and lack of paper
- Controllers have full control over drivers
- Reduced driver downtime
Carillion now have the system in place that Barts and London hospital have wanted for years ensuring a continued progression of service for many years to come.